European Stars And Stripes (Newspaper) - April 16, 1987, Darmstadt, Hesse Thursday april 16, 1987 the stars and stripes Page 7 pinned by Auto Byslma Odin Ibl eld 12-year-old Lakeysha another Reald. Rescuers needed newly Henden ten the Rah altar she we trapped Between an Auto and bus Ter when the Auto swerved to avoid hitting reported to at lilt condition to a Bosto Hospital Bundy says he got h i n Cal by s letters and answered them Washington Kupij Florida death Row inmate Theodore Bundy con firmed thai he had corresponded regularly with John Hinckley or. Last year prosecutors said tuesday. Assistant . Attorney Roger Adel Man also told a Federal court hearing that the flagrant tone of the letters concerned officials enough to subpoena All or Hinckley s personal correspondence since he was committed to a mental hos Pital in 1982 after his attempt on presi Dent Reagan s life. The letters also present the possibility that other writings. Including to other people. Are in the Possession ofor Hinckley Detman old . District judge Barrington Parker. Because of the flagrant tone of the letters we Are obligated to review them All he said in defending a government subpoena opposed by Hinckey s attorneys As Overly Broad. Tuesday s proceedings were prompted by Surprise revelations in court monday that Hinckley had written to Bundy to express his sorrow and had considered writing to another convicted killer Charles Maquon. Parker decided to review Hinckley personal idlers and poems in a dosed court session and bowed to defense re quests by allowing Hospital offi Datt to review other possessions including vide and audio tapes and books. Parker abruptly recessed a court hear ing monday on Hinckley s request for a visit with his parents after it was revealed he had corresponded with Bundy who it on death Row at the Florida stat prison for murdering two sorority sister and a 12-year-old girl Adelman said Bundy was interviewed by Florida corrections officials earlier tuesday and according to or Bandy he claims that in 1986, he received three or four Tetter from or. Hinckley and rewrote to or. Hinckley two or three Hinckley who shot Reagan in 1981,was found not guilty by reason of insanity a year later. Hart says rivals not spreading damaging rumours Amarillo Texas a democratic front run Ner Gary Hart said on tuesday that he has been told by a Porter that other presidential candidates campaigns Are spreading rumours about he personal life. On the first Day of his tint official Campaign trip Hart said he had no evidence personally about the other campaigns actions adding i Hope they Are not and i believe they arc Hart said he was not accusing the other campaigns himself. The Only thing 1 was going on were statements by other reporters that this was being done by other democratic and Republican campaigns. Han obviously angered by the questions told re porters travelling on his Campaign plane i was told by a number of reporters that they were period. It was Anoff the cuff comment not meant to make Hart did not identity the reporter nor did he repeat any specific rumours. Hart and Bis wife Lee have been separated twice an were reconciled shortly before the 1984 Campaign. In a Newsweek article but Welc a former Hart aide was quoted u saying that Hart cant Slop having the sex Issue raised of be can t keep his pants Tamer aide John Mcevoy has since been quoted at saying a was responding to hypothetical question and not commenting of any activities. Hait press Secretary Kevin Sweeney said the firs comment from a reporter came when a reporter told the candidate that she had heard from three campaigns saying this is what they the Washington Post in wednesday1 editions said Post reporter lob Romano continued telling Han that other presidential campaigns had passed along Rumor that toe former senator was a. Womanizer. She said she asked. Hart by he planned to Deal with the reply was that candidates who try to spread the rumours Are not going to win that Way because Youdon t get to the top by tearing someone else Down the Post said his marriage had grown stronger since the rumours surfaced in i9w Over the was made of the fact that Lee and i suffered Short separations during those Yean. Coining in an the of divorced presidents this seems to deserve no More attention than that Han wrote in an Auto biographical piece in the Boston Globe earlier this is proud of reflecting is she should be that we were Able to resolve those temporary stresses where others were not in 198b, we celebrate our 30th wed Ding spent the Day in Denver Amarillo Texas and pcs Montes Iowa talking about a wide Range of Issue from Lues to aids. Proposal approved Richmond ind. Two dial a porn Linns offering taped Telephone sex messages have pleaded guilty and paid150,000 fines in what Federal attorneys say is the nation s Cost conviction under new anti smut statute. . Attorney Brent Ward said adult entertainment network inc. And adult entertainment network inc. Ii both of los Angeles pleaded guilty monday to Federal charges of using a Telephone to provide obscene or indecent communications to two Utah youths. Judge j. Thomas Green fined each firm $50,000 and ordered them to Dis continue dial a porn services on All 38tines available to callers throughout the nation. The lines Are located in los Angeles san Francisco san Diego Sacramento Washington . Seattle Portland Ore. New Orleans new York City Baltimore Pittsburgh and Philadelphia Ward said. Ward said it was the first conviction under a dial a porn statute passed by Congress in 1983. The statute makes i illegal for companies to distribute obscene or indecent messages by Tele phone to minors or those who do not request them said Richard Lambert assistant , attorney. Lambert said companies ran provide Telephone sex messages to people with credit card numbers or Access codes no normally available to children. However Lambert said the judge s order prohibits the two firms which Ward said Are among the largest Tele phone sex operations in the nation from distributing sexually oriented material by Telephone again legally or View of the harm caused by dial a Pom services to minors i deemed inessential that the defendants pull the plug of their services As part of the Reso Lution of this Case Ward said adding the lines will be disconnected by april Ward said the lines were called by a estimated 2.8 million people a month and Many if not most were Ages 10 to16." two Utah youths aged ii and 14,called the services after finding the num Bers in men s magazines Ward said1 nation. However t Ber i65 percent doubt Reagan s Iran Contra Story Washington a despite president Rea ending monday found Reagan s Overall Job Raling in the current Survey 48 percent approved akan s attempts to put the Irun Contra affair behind had remained steady since the previous poll March which the poll found statistically insignificant. Dts Pili t Reat Iran Contr r him and to pursue other mailers aggressively Ameri cans remain sceptical about his presidency says a poll released Abc news Washington Post Telephone Survey of 1,509 adult americans nationwide for five Days Endina 19.the March 19 poll taken just after the president s news conference regarding the Tower commission re port on the Iran Contra affair showed that 50 percent approved of Reagan s handling of the Job. I drop Idi the Survey also found that doubts about Reagan Shonesy in the Iran Centra matter have increased dramatically with 65 percent of those polled saying the believe the president has not told the truth about the affair
