European Stars and Stripes (Newspaper) - April 3, 1990, Darmstadt, Hesse Authorized unofficial publication for the . Armed forces Good morning vol. 48, no. 351 tuesday april 3, .1990 a a 25 daily and sunday d 8693 a sportscaster Musburger signing off a Page 21 Saddam says Iraq has binary chemical arms file Saddam Hussein Baghdad Iraq apr president Saddam Hussein admitted monday that Iraq has sophisticated binary chemical weapons. He also warned that if Israel attacked it Iraq will retaliate and destroy half of the jewish state. However in a speech broadcast by the state run radio Saddam denied that Iraq has nuclear weapons and that sophisticated devices bought from the United states were meant for developing nuclear arms. In a statement issued after Saddam a speech the iraqi foreign ministry denied that the country is trying to develop nuclear weapons and said such charges Are intended to prevent it from obtaining a scientific and technical Saddam lashed out at Western criticism of what . And British authorities called Clandestine efforts by Baghdad to smuggle parts for nuclear weapons. The iraqi Leader also fired Back at Western condemnation of the March 15 execution of British based journalist far Zad Bazot on spying charges. Saddam said that Bazot a reporter for the London observer weekly was a spy and that a Iraq will chop the Heads off Israel condemned Saddam s comments on chemical weapons. A it is High time for the civilized world to act in Unity and see to it that or. Saddam Hussein will not have the possibility to pursue his irresponsible and criminal designs a said foreign ministry spokesman Yossi Amihud in Jerusalem. Avi Pazner a spokesman for prime minister Yitzhak Shamir said Israel has a no aggressive intention against anyone including asked about the possibility of a preemptive strike against Iraq to neutralize the chemical threat he said a we done to even want to talk about that kind of israeli aircraft attacked and damaged see Iraq on Back Page Rheinland Pfalz 1 a a names facilities it wants vacated by Mary Neth staff writer Mainz West Germany a the government of Rhein land Pfalz has further spelled out a request it made last week now listing 12 facilities it would like for the United states to vacate first when its troops begin to go Home. Minister president Carl Ludwig Wagner presented the list to . Defense officials in Washington on thursday. In presenting it Wagner explained that his government Hopes the reduction of . Forces will be done gradually. A reductions that would go too fast would create big problems for our state a he said noting that Rhein and Pfalz has the highest military concentration of . Troops of any state in West Germany. In an interview monday Wagner further noted that he is against a full withdrawal of . Forces. A that would be unwise politically a he said in Mainz. A some bases should remain in . last week the state government identified 10 installation areas in Rheinland Pfalz that it says Are particularly attractive to Industry. The 10 Are bad Kreuz Nach Pitburg a Hahn a Kaiserslautern Lan Stuhl Mainz Sembach a Span Dahlem a Worms and Wei Brincken a. Out of this list Wagner presented the list of 12. The list Breaks Down this Way a two in Kaiserslautern a the army depot be 426 and the Hohenecker training area. A one in Lan Stuhl a the civil support unit lamp. A two in bad Kreuz Nach a the Airfield and see facilities on Back Page boating without Border barriers throngs of East and West berliners and residents of nearby areas crowd the Havel River on sunday As they pass the Glie Nicker Bridge. They re enjoying the first Day of Freedom of travel a no one having to keep an Eye out for Border marking buoys. For the first time in nearly 30 years water sports enthusiasts can paddle and Dock wherever they choose along Eastern and Western Rivers and lakes.. Denies of sought to seize murder defendant by Randy Pruitt staff writer. The . Embassy has denied a dutch television report that the air Force plotted to seize an american imprisoned in the Netherlands for the 1988 slaying of his wife. The report surfaced Friday after the United states lost g Legal Battle in the Netherlands supreme court to have cd re chutes Short extradited. The court ruled that shorts extradition would be illegal since he could be sentenced to death if convicted of murder by a . Court. There is no capital punishment under dutch Law. An embassy spokesman at the Hague Netherlands said air Force personnel were present outside the court Friday but Only to take custody of Short had the extradition request been granted. Short 35, has admitted that he killed his wife Esin has Turk 31, then Cut her body into pieces. He dumped the remains in plastic bags in Monnikendam 35 Miles from Oesterberg a where he was stationed with the 32nd tac fighter so. He received a six year term from a dutch court but the decision was later reversed by an appeals court which ruled that the lower court lacked jurisdiction based on the nato status of forces agreement. A spokesman for the dutch ministry of Justice said Short has appealed the reversal to the supreme court. In a separate civil Case involving shorts extradition the dutch High court ruled that he could be handed Over to . Military authorities Only with a guarantee that he would not lace the death penalty. The dutch state Secretary for Justice and the . Ambassador met see murder on Back Page
