European Stars and Stripes (Newspaper) - July 8, 2007, Darmstadt, Hesse July 2007 stars and stripes Page 9 More republicans losing Faith in Bush War policy by Noam Levey los Angeles times Washington wearied by the Lack of Progress in Iraq and by the steady Stream of military funerals Back a growing number of Republican lawmakers who had stood loyally with president Bush Are insisting his strategy has failed and calling on him to bring the War to an in the past two three gop Sena tors including one of the party Lead ing voices on foreign affairs and one of Bush strongest urged the president to change course now so troops can Start to and in interviews with the los Angeles two More Senate republicans bluntly voiced disappointment with the presidents approach and pressed for it should be Clear to the president that there needs to be a new said Tennessee Lamar our policy in Iraq is new Hampshire Judd who helped Lead the charge earlier this Domenici Lugar year against democratic efforts to oppose Bush troop said we dont seem to be making a lot of he said it is vital to have a Clear blueprint for How we were going to draw none of these gop lawmakers has embraced democratic legislation to compel a troop but nearly five years after congressional republicans overwhelmingly answered Bush Call for military action against Iraq Sadd am some Are doing what was once unthinkable challenging a War time president from their own by publicly branding Bush buildup a failure and calling for troops to begin coming they Are forcing a reluctant White House to reassess How Long it can maintain a Large military presence in administration officials had hoped gop lawmakers would stand with them at least until when the top generals in Iraq Are scheduled to report on the effectiveness of the troop the tide of Republican dissent began to grow two weeks ago when Rich Ard Lugar of former chair Man of the foreign relations commit delivered an Earnest plea for change from the floor of the George Voinovich of Ohio expressed similar doubts in a letter he sent to the president the next and John Warner of the former chairman of the Senate armed services openly praised Lugar for speaking Pete Domenici of new Mexico joined the group of dissent which just a few weeks ago included Only a handful of gop lawmakers led by Nebraska Chuck Hagel and Ore gon Gordon cosmetic surgery lip Transfer wrinkle by Alurovic acid sweat glands lips medical clinic Peterson Bah Hofstr 26 Fon 06318929122 Mannheim q Fon 0621 3972261 Almalik says baathist have infiltrated the Mahdi army the associated press Baghdad iraqi prime minister Nouri Almalik said saturday that the movement of Radical shiite cleric Muntada a Sadr has been infiltrated by baathist and gangs in one of his harshest criticism of the group mat helped him come to Almalik demanded sadist leaders take decisive and Clear action to ensure they Are not blamed for acts of violence carried out in their groups despite being Strong allies in the ten Sion has been rising Between Almalik and the sadists recently and culminated in april when six ministers Loyal to a Sadr quit the Cabinet to protest what a Sadr said was the governments incompetence and refusal to Call for a troop withdrawal Alsa drs Mahdi army militia was blamed for much of the sectarian violence that has killed thousands of iraqis in the past two we hear the statements of officials in the sadist movement in which they say that they Are against the use of weapons and condemn those who carry this puts us in front of a fact that we should courageously Almalik according to a statement from his these Are people who have joined the sadist movement to take it As a cover and they Are baathist and gangs for theft and they Are taking advantage of the Almalik said after a meeting with pres ident Jalal 4 nato soldiers Hurt in Afghanistan blast apply online personal assistance 01805988333 Fly now pay later ramste1n town Mannheim your full communication provider overseas Call us 06221750050 email us visit us Telephone and Del lines with fast activation Call the Usa for cents support and software in English injured civilian workers including nonus citizens know and protect your Legal rights attorneys toll free 8887327425 01 in i Soi harm i i i pm by Noor Khan the associated press Afghanistan a Roadside blast struck a nato Convoy in Southern Afghanistan and wounded four Alliance soldiers on while fighting in three separate regions of the country left More than 100 militants officials violence is rising rapidly in Afghanistan five years into the Effort to defeat the the nato Convoy was attacked West of Kandahar and the four wounded soldiers were taken to a nearby military said John a nato Qari Yousef a purported Taliban said a suicide bomber had attacked the an associated press reporter at the scene said the wounded soldiers were but that could not be immediately the attack happened a Day after officials said fierce fighting in three separate regions of Afghani Stan killed More than 100 Shaliza governor of northeastern Kunar said villagers accused foreign troops of killing dozens of civilians in airstrikes he said about 60 militants died in the Battle but he could not confirm the reports of civilian coalition and nato spokesmen on Fri Day emphasized that ground commanders had evaluated the terrain in Kunar province to prevent civilian but dear said villagers had re ported that an initial airstrike killed 10 civilians and that a second killed about 30 people who were trying to Bury the Abdul Sabur the provincial Deputy police said saturday that 25 civilians and 20 militants were killed in clashes Over three the fighting in the West and Northeast follows a trend of sharply rising bloodshed Over the past five among the deadliest periods since the invasion in insurgency related violence in june alone killed More than including 200 according to an a count based on information from Western and afghan More than people have been killed in Afghanistan this according to the a about people died in the violence in All of last and nato officials have said Taliban Mili Tants threaten villagers into claiming that attacks killed there were some number of insurgents that were we have no reason to believe that any civilians were killed at this natos Thomas he said soldiers called in airstrikes on positively identified enemy firing positions in a re Mote civilian deaths have been a growing problem for International forces in threaten ing to derail support for the Western pres ident Hamid Karzai has repeatedly implored forces to try preventing such both a and the a count of civilian deaths this year show that and nato forces have caused More civilian deaths this year than Taliban fighters in the militants attacked two police vehicles with gunfire and rocket propelled grenades overnight and coalition and afghan forces responded with artillery fire and air strikes in what the coalition described As a sparsely populated area in uru Zgan Zahir Azimi said 33 Taliban fighters were the coalition reported no indications of civilian and said no coalition or afghan forces were killed or in a Western province bordering Iran that has seen Little violence until this insurgents attacked an afghan Security patrol from fortified positions and wounded five afghan the coalition afghan and coalition using gunfire and killed Over 30 it the coalition also said a ground commander carefully evaluated risk of collateral damage before the latest nato casualties have raised the num Ber of foreign soldiers killed this year to at least
